On Friday, May 20th, fourth and fifth grade science classes invited the school to observe their butterfly release. Mrs. Michael received a project funded through DonorsChoose, which included a large butterfly netted cage and two living butterfly kits. The students were responsible for preparing a “home” for their caterpillars to live in and we observed them daily through the larva, pupa, and adult life stages. It was a great learning experience!
Middle School Career Fair occurred on Tuesday May 24. The students have been preparing their poster boards and presentations for the past couple of months based off of a career that fit their “interests, values, and skills.” The students were graded on their posters and knowledge of the career that they picked.
Talent Show Order
- Alex S. – 4A – Singing “Hero”
- Kaylee & Jayna – KB – Dance “Firework”
- Alex E. – 3B – Playing Guitar
- Tony – 6th – Dance “Killen Em”
- Olivia, Dylan, Sabina, Alexa, Marie – KA – Dance “Under the Sea”
- Nico, Parker, & Andrew – 3B – Singing “Stressed Out”
- 3B Group – 3B – Dance “Bang Bang”
- Sadiq, Joseph, & Kai – KA – Dance “Hit the Quan”
- Samantha – 4A – Singing “Peace and Love on Planet Earth”
- Xavier – KB – Juggling to “Spongebob”
For the month of April, the following students were picked as the winners of the Attendance Prize for each grade. Each student has a chance to earn one ticket, each week that they are at school every day and on time. We have ONE more month to earn a chance to win, so make sure your child is coming to school everyday on time!
On Thursday, April 28th, YSWPCS had their 2nd Annual Family Bingo Night and PTO Ice Cream Social. This bingo game was sponsored by the Board Games Club, along with help from many teachers. The families that joined us had a ton of fun participating in parents bingo, kids games, family bingo, cookie decorating, and eating delicious ice cream sundaes. The PTO also helped the middle school students raise money for their end of the year field trip to Cedar Point with their 50/50 tickets and Chinese Auction.